HouseSitterKC provides services based on respect for your home and three core values:
- Trust - I’ll treat your home as my own, leaving the contents undisturbed. Smoking will not occur in your home.
- Responsibility - I’ll be the only person to enter your home, and will reach you immediately if anything needs attention.
- Privacy - Your identity, travel dates and our arrangements won't be shared with others.
Available services provided by HouseSitterKC include:
- Visit and inspect the home 2-4 times weekly
- Spend time in the home if desired for a lived-in appearance
- Install, set and monitor timers to light the home’s interior
- Program thermostats to safe and economical temperatures
- Set and restore alarm systems; serve as Contact #1 for your alarm provider
- Sort, send, manage or recycle unopened mail - as authorized and agreed; 75% or more is what you don't want to come home to, anyway
- Receive or manage packages delivered by popular carriers
- Ship that item you forgot to pack - your prescription sunglasses, for example
- Collect newspapers for retention or recycle
- Set trash or recycling out per providers’ schedules and return containers
- Confirm visits by text or email, including pictures or video
- Monitoring of extreme weather and implementation of precautionary measures including:
- flushing toilets
- checking or dripping faucets to inhibit frozen or burst water pipes
- looking for water seepage, downed limbs or roof damage following storms
- Start or drive vehicles periodically to ensure as-expected use upon your return
- Obtain and deliver day-of-return necessities — or even a nice surprise
- Coordinate visits by service technicians or home-cleaning services
- Maintain plants
Occupied or empty, the responsibilities of a home continue. A house sitter can provide a lived-in appearance, deter disruptions and be a difference-maker by quickly alerting you to unexpected issues after they occur.
HouseSitterKC is not a home repair and maintenance service. Yard work, snow removal, pool maintenance, pet care or similar services are best handled by your preferred providers.